"The PROMYS community was very much welcoming and supportive. I'll definitely stay in touch with them."
"As a Mehta Fellow, I think I have benefited mathematically from PROMYS.
- The six-week immersion in mathematics was very helpful to progress.
- The morning lectures were very engaging. Different approaches to solve problems were discussed.
- The problem-sets were challenging and well-designed.
- We were encouraged to think, explore, make several observations & conjectures, proving/disproving them, etc which I enjoyed a lot.
- Mathematical rigour was essential. This helped to get a better understanding.
- The daily comments/feedback on our problem sets (by our counsellors) was very helpful as they indicated to us where exactly we are going wrong, where we have to pay more attention, etc.
- Exposure through mini-lectures by the counsellors.
- The guest lectures were enriching.
- Also, I got to know that there could be totally different approaches to solve a problem (like solving a Number Theory problem using a geometric approach). This was amazing.
I feel to have benefited from being a Mehta Fellow, beyond mathematics too. I got in touch and interacted with many students, counsellors and professors from different parts of the world, who are also deeply interested in mathematics."